Military OneSource health and wellness coaches can assist teens with life transitions and help them make plans and set goals to incorporate healthy eating, physical fitness and stress management practices into daily routines. This service is available at no cost to those 13 years of age and older by phone and video.
- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
How health and wellness coaching helps
Information, support, encouragement and accountability
Health and wellness coaching sessions can help with:
- Weight management
- Health condition management
- Stress management
- Life transitions, including moving, acclimating to new schools and communities, and managing a parent’s deployment
- School-life balance
How health and wellness coaching works
Health and wellness coaches provide information, support, encouragement and accountability to help teens identify and reach their goals. Health and wellness coaches will guide your teenager rather than say what to do or how to do it. Coaches can help your teen make a plan, focus on positive results, and reach short-term and long-term wellness goals.
The coach will:
- Help your teenager identify health and wellness goals
- Work with your teen to create an action plan toward achieving those goals
- Prepare your teen for potential roadblocks or barriers to reaching those goals
- Help your teen stay on course and track progress toward personal goals
- Assist your teen in challenging situations that arise, including moves, deployments and other disruptions to routines
- Help your teen establish accountability measures and provide support each step of the way
- Provide additional resources for making healthy behavior changes
- Celebrate achievements
A parent must attend the first session with the teenager. That session will include the assessment and initial goal setting.