Medicare is the federal health insurance program for people age 65 and older, certain younger people with disabilities and people with end-stage renal disease.
- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
How this benefit helps
Medicare has four different parts to help cover specific services:
Medicare Part A
Medicare Part A covers inpatient hospital stays, care in a skilled nursing facility, hospice care and some home health care.
Medicare Part B
Medicare Part B covers certain doctors’ services, outpatient care, medical supplies and preventive services.
Medicare Part C
Medicare Part C, Medicare Advantage, includes health maintenance organizations, preferred provider organizations, fee-for-service plans and Medicare Special Needs programs approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to provide Medicare Part A and B services. Some also provide Part D services. An additional monthly premium may apply, depending on the plan chosen.
Medicare Part D
Medicare Part D helps cover the cost of prescription drugs, including many recommended shots or vaccines.
Help with Medicare
You can get help with general costs, prescription drug costs, and specific disability conditions.
How to access this benefit