The Extended Care Health Option provides financial assistance to TRICARE beneficiaries with special needs. ECHO provides additional financial assistance to help cover the cost of services and supplies beyond what TRICARE plans offer.
- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
How this benefit helps
This benefit helps active-duty families by providing financial assistance to cover the additional cost of services and supplies that TRICARE does not cover.
TRICARE ECHO can help cover some of the additional cost of care
If your TRICARE plan does not cover all the costs for treatment and services for your family member with special needs, ECHO may be able to help.
How to access this benefit
To register for TRICARE ECHO, active-duty families need to be enrolled in their service’s Exceptional Family Member Program and register with their TRICARE regional contractor.