Children enrolled in TRICARE under a parent’s plan may purchase TRICARE Young Adult when their coverage ends at age 21 (or 23 if enrolled in college) if they meet certain eligibility requirements.
- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
How this benefit helps
This benefit helps military families by providing TRICARE health insurance for young adults who are no longer eligible for coverage.
TRICARE provides health care for service members and their families.
Unmarried children may still be eligible for coverage through TRICARE Young Adult up until age 26.
How to access this benefit
If you qualify, there are four ways to purchase TRICARE Young Adult: online, by phone, by fax or by mail. The TRICARE website provides more information on enrolling in TRICARE Young Adult.