With Veterans Affairs health care, you’re covered for regular checkups with your primary care provider and appointments with specialists, like cardiologists, gynecologists and mental health providers. You can access veterans health care services, such as home health and geriatric (elder) care, and you can get medical equipment, prosthetics and prescriptions.
- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
How this benefit helps
Each veteran’s medical benefits package is unique. Generally, VA health benefits include care and services to help:
- Treat illnesses and injuries
- Prevent future health problems
- Improve your ability to function
- Enhance your quality of life
VA health care benefits provide the coverage to get and stay healthy
For eligible veterans and their families, VA health care benefits provide medical coverage similar to medical insurance coverage received through an employer.
How to access this benefit
First, determine if you are eligible for VA health care benefits using the VA’s website. Then, you will need to gather some information and complete a VA Form 10-10EZ, “Application for Health Benefits.” Once you are ready to apply, you can do so in any of four ways: online, by phone, by mail, or in person at a VA location. The VA also provides trained professionals called “accredited representatives” to help you in applying for health care benefits.