- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- National Guard
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Fact Sheets, Flyers and Posters
Listed below are fact sheets, flyers and posters to help military parents find the resources and information they need to raise happy, healthy and resilient children.
Military Youth of the Year fact sheet
For three decades, the Boys & Girls Clubs of America have partnered with the Defense Department to provide nationally recognized, evidence-based programming for thousands of military youth around the world. In addition to the overall National Youth of the Year award, the Boys & Girls Clubs sponsors a Military Youth of the Year competition. Click on the link to open a PDF of the fact sheet:
Child care and Early Learning Matters
Whether military parents need child care resources or have questions about early learning, these resources can help. Post this information in child and youth program areas, child development centers and other locations accessed by parents and guardians.
- All the Ways Poster — Child Care
- Early Learning Matters Fact Sheet
- Child Abuse Prevention Poster — DOD personnel
- 5 Ways To Be All In to End Child Abuse Flyer
Child abuse posters and flyers
Every adult in the community can play a role in supporting and protecting military children. The products below are intended to inform Defense Department personnel in child and youth serving organizations of their responsibility to report child abuse and neglect. These products provide spaces for installations to post their Family Advocacy Program and Child Protective Services contact information. Help the DOD go all in to end child abuse.
Child development and parenting resources
These child development and parenting resources can help raise awareness about home safety and provide parenting support for children of all ages.
- Make Home a Safe Haven Poster
- Make Home a Safe Haven Flyer
- Parenting Resources Flyer
- How MilKids Grow Fact Sheet
- Teaching Finances to Children Fact Sheet
- A Guide to Healthy Caregiving Fact Sheet
- New Parent Support Program Fact Sheet
The DOD teamed up with the Clearinghouse for Military Family Readiness at Penn State to create a parenting-education program. Thrive is a free online program that promotes positive parenting, stress management and healthy lifestyle practices for children from birth to 18 years.
Education fact sheets and flyers
Giving children the right start with education is a top priority for parents. These valuable resources can help parents with their children’s education from pre-K through 12th grade and beyond.
- Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children Fact Sheet
- K-12 Education Resources Flyer
- Preparing for Your Child’s College Education Flyer
- Military OneSource Specialty Consultations Fact Sheet
Exceptional Family Member Program fact sheets
A complete listing of EFMP fact sheets is available to assist military families with the many needs associated with having an exceptional family member.
- Special Education Fact Sheet
- Exceptional Family Member Program for All Ages Fact Sheet
- Early Intervention Services Fact Sheet
- Complete list of EFMP fact sheets
Wellness fact sheets and flyers
Keeping children physically and mentally healthy and active is a top priority for our military community. These useful fact sheets are designed for service providers and families alike.
- Summer Fun and Fitness Fact Sheet
- Child and Youth Behavioral Military and Family Life Counseling Telehealth Flyer
Sesame Workshop fact sheets and posters
Sesame Street’s Talk, Listen, Connect resources help military families and their young children cope with deployments, changes and grief. In addition to helpful fact sheets, the posters below were developed specifically for service providers. Click on the link to open a PDF of the poster you would like to print. Please note that the posters are sized to the specifications listed.