- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Relocation Assistance Department of Defense Policies
These resources include the most commonly referenced Defense Department directives, instructions and guidance on relocation and housing services.
DOD Instruction 1342.22, “Military Family Readiness,” August 5, 2021 — This instruction establishes policy, assigns responsibilities and prescribes procedures and requirements for supporting military family readiness, or MFR, through a system that maximizes access to a network of programs and services, the Military Family Readiness System.
DOD Instruction 1315.18, “Procedures for Military Personnel Assignments,” October 28, 2015 — This instruction outlines the policies and procedures for permanent change of station moves.
DOD Instruction 1100.16, “Equal Opportunity in Off-Base Housing,” August 14, 1989 — This instruction provides policy governing equal treatment for all DOD personnel. Specifically, it provides guidance for off-base housing and enforcement of fair housing practices as required by federal law.
DOD Instruction 4165.63, “DOD Housing,” July 21, 2008 — This instruction provides policy and assigns responsibilities for the management of DOD housing.
DOD 4165.63-Manual, “DOD Housing Management,” October 28, 2010 — This manual contains guidance, procedures and responsibilities on matters associated with family housing, unaccompanied personnel housing and temporary lodging facilities.