From fitness and sports to tickets and travel, MWR programs offer something for everyone. Whether you’re stationed on an installation or off, you’ll always have a way to access these offerings to relax, have fun and connect with others.*
- Fitness, aquatics and sports programs: Hit the gym, try yoga, swim laps at a pool or play organized sports. If you aren’t near an installation gym, work out at any of the more than 3,000 YMCAs and private fitness facilities that offer military memberships to eligible service members.
- Boating, bowling centers, golf courses, stables: Try something new. Get a great deal on a boat rental or horseback riding. Or try special-interest programs such as scuba diving or flying. Get a group of friends together for a round of golf or a night of bowling.
- Individual skills development programs: Get in touch with your creative side with arts and crafts or check out a performing arts center. Or learn some automotive skills.
- Libraries: Check out a bestseller, read a magazine article or study for an upcoming test with library resources. Visit your installation library or create an account and log in to DODMWRLibraries.org to access the Defense Department MWR Libraries website from anywhere in the world. Download select titles to your smartphone or tablet or get an audiobook for your next road trip.
- Information, Tickets and Travel: Get tickets to a movie or an amusement park at a reduced rate or ask an Information, Tickets and Travel employee to help you get good deals on everything from airfare to resort reservations. Use your discounts to see sporting events or go to a concert. Note that ITT has expanded its services through American Forces Travel℠, an e-commerce website, making ITT available 24/7.
- Recreational lodging: Rent a beach cabana, find the perfect ski chalet or take your family members camping. The Best Kept Secrets: Joint Services Campground and Facilities guide can help you find your perfect getaway at an affordable rate.
- Outdoor recreation programs: Whether it’s mountain biking, sharpening your paintball skills or hunting, MWR programs can help you find what you are looking for. If there’s not an installation near you, consider checking out the free annual pass offered by the National Park Service. It offers access to more than 2,000 federal recreation sites.
- Recreation centers: Get your video game fix by entering a tournament with your friends, get a group together to watch the big game or take advantage of free Wi-Fi at your local rec center.
- Single service member programs: MWR programs offer a variety of programs for single service members up to age 25, including trips and tours, concerts and special-event activities.
For more information about your local MWR program, visit the MilitaryINSTALLATIONS website.
*Programs vary by location.