- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- National Guard
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
The special needs consultants available through Military OneSource can answer your questions and concerns related to your child or adult family member with special needs.
Consultants are professionals with master’s degrees and extensive experience in the disability field. They’re also trained in military programs and have expertise in education, the military health care system, TRICARE coverage, state and federal programs and more. When you have your call, you can expect your consultant to:
- Listen to what your family needs.
- Complete a needs assessment.
- Determine and evaluate what resources your family already has or has tried.
- Guide your family toward the help you need.
- Conduct three-way calls between you and TRICARE health care and arrange warm hand-offs to installation EFMP Family Support staff or other experts to assist you.
Call or live chat at any time to schedule a specialty consultation by phone or video.
How can special needs consultants help?
Contact Military OneSource 24/7.
You can get personalized help 365 days a year by telephone and online.
Overseas? See OCONUS calling options.
Prefer to live chat? Start now.
Your consultant can connect you with information, resources, services and more, including:
- Information about specialized doctors, medical-equipment resources and medical benefits
- Early intervention and special education
- The Education Directory for Children With Special Needs, which helps military families make informed assignment decisions and easier transitions
- Options for when your child graduates from high school
- The Exceptional Family Member Program
- Support for adults with special needs, including information on insurance, Social Security Disability Insurance, Supplemental Security Income, Medicare and Medicaid
- Research on grants, support groups, in-home care and help during deployments
- Recreational referrals to specialized summer camps and other extracurricular activities
- Referrals to legal support and financial resources for families with special needs, such as guidance on special needs estate planning and creating a special needs trust
- Caregiver wellness referrals for support groups, stress management, non-medical counseling and health and wellness coaching and other resources
- Respite care resources through TRICARE or community programs, and through each service branch
Special needs consultants are ready to support you. Consultations are available via phone or video session. Make an appointment 24/7 with live chat or by calling 800-342-9647.