The special needs consultants available through Military OneSource Exceptional Family Member Program Resources, Options and Consultations, or EFMP ROC, can answer your questions and concerns related to your child or adult family member with special needs. Consultants are professionals with master’s degrees and extensive experience in the disability field. They’re also trained in military programs. When you have your call, you can expect your consultant to:
- Listen to what your family needs
- Complete a needs assessment
- Determine and evaluate what resources your family already has or has tried
- Guide your family toward the help you need
- Conduct three-way calls between you and TRICARE health care and arrange warm hand-offs to installation EFMP Family Support staff or other experts to assist you
Contact Military OneSource 24/7.
You can get personalized help 365 days a year by telephone and online.
Overseas? See OCONUS calling options.
Prefer to live chat? Start now.
- EFMP has enhanced support for families with special needs through ROC. EFMP ROC provides ready, one-source access to specialized resources, options and customized consultations for military families with special needs. Call or live chat at any time to schedule a specialty consultation by phone or video.
- EFMP connects you with consultants who have subject matter expertise in education, the military health care system, TRICARE coverage, state and federal programs and more.
EFMP ROC provides extra support through three-way calls with health care and other experts.
How can special needs consultants help?
Your consultant can connect you with information, resources, services and more, including:
- Information about specialized doctors, medical-equipment resources and medical benefits
- Early intervention and special education
- The Education Directory for Children With Special Needs, which helps military families make informed assignment decisions and easier transitions
- Options for when your child graduates from high school
- The Exceptional Family Member Program
- Support for adults with special needs, including information on insurance, Social Security Disability Insurance, Supplemental Security Income, Medicare and Medicaid
- Research on grants, support groups, in-home care and help during deployments
- Recreational referrals to specialized summer camps and other extracurricular activities
- Referrals to legal and financial resources for families with special needs, such as guidance on special needs estate planning and creating a special needs trust
- Caregiver wellness referrals for support groups, stress management, non-medical counseling and health and wellness coaching and other resources
- Respite care resources through TRICARE or community programs, and through each service branch
Special needs consultants are ready to support you. Consultations are available via phone or video session. Make an appointment 24/7 with live chat or by calling 800-342-9647.