My Military
OneSource App

How Translation and Interpretation Services Can Ease PCS Moves

A linguist practices his Arabic translation skills

If you are a military spouse making an OCONUS move or a foreign-born spouse coming to the United States, Military OneSource offers translation and interpretation services to help ease relocation stress. This no-cost service is offered by the Department of Defense. It supports military personnel and families with a broad range of services to aid PCS transitions to overseas installations or those new to the United States.

What services are available?

  • Real-time help via the Military OneSource telephone interpretation service
  • Interpretation services for more than 150 languages
  • Document translations in more than 150 languages
  • Document translations done in two or three days
  • Translations of birth certificates, college transcripts, marriage documents, divorce documents and other paperwork
  • Translations of leases, utility service agreements, employment contracts and employment-related benefit documents

If you are a foreign-born military spouse, you can also get documents translated into English. Visit Military OneSource for more information.

What documents qualify for English translations?

  • Marriage licenses
  • Adoption paperwork
  • IDs and passports
  • School transcripts and diplomas

Contact Military OneSource 24/7.

You can get personalized help 365 days a year by telephone and online.

Overseas? See OCONUS calling options.

Prefer to live chat? Start now.

How does translation work?

Military OneSource translators will certify, notarize and include a certificate of authenticity. You can get translations in two to three days if the document is under 5,000 words. More time is required to process longer documents.

Medical documents, fliers, brochures that advertise installation events or family support programs do not qualify for translation. Military OneSource will direct you to the right people who can translate non-qualifying documents.

Call a Military OneSource consultant at 800-342-9647 if you need assistance with document translations. You may call collect if you are calling outside the United States or Canada and do not have access to the toll-free number. Make sure to have the document you need translated handy when you call.

What help is available for foreign-born military spouses?

As a foreign-born military spouse moving to the United States, Military OneSource will find people who speak your language. You can obtain language interpretation services over the phone. Military OneSource works hard to interpret all languages for military families.

Visit the Military OneSource website or call 800-342-9647 for information about language interpretation services. OCONUS/International? View calling options. If your native language cannot be interpreted by Military OneSource, its staff will find community and government resources who can help.

Learn about military bases worldwide. Get installation overviews, check-in procedures, housing, neighborhood information, contacts for programs and services, photos and more.

Find an Installation