My Military
OneSource App
Service member receiving an ID card

CAC and Military IDs for Dependents, Retirees and Others

Obtaining and Renewing Military ID and Common Access Cards During COVID-19

Learn about the temporary updates (in place through June 30, 2021) that change issuance and renewal processes.

The military issues standard identification cards to active duty, reserve and National Guard members, retired service members, civilian employees, some contractors, family members of eligible sponsors and other eligible individuals. In addition to providing verification of identity and affiliation to the Department, military ID cards also verify eligibility for access to those benefits identified on the card. Each card will display only those benefits to which the individual cardholder is entitled, which may include military health care, commissary and exchange access, or morale, welfare and recreation access.

Here are some frequently asked questions about the Common Access Card and other military IDs.

If you have any other military ID card questions, or any other questions about military life, let Military OneSource help you find the answers.

Find help with ID cards – and anything military.

Military OneSource consultants stand ready to connect you to your best MilLife with the free resources you need – from Department of Defense ID cards to deployment and more.

Installation Program Directory

Find programs and services at your local installation.