- Military Life Cycle
- Family & Relationships
- Moving & Housing
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- Health & Wellness
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Service Providers & Leaders
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
Call the Military Crisis Line at 800-273-8255 and press 1, or text 838255.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
No matter where you’re headed, Military OneSource and your installation Military and Family Support Center can help you master your next military move. Whether you have orders for temporary duty or a permanent change of station, or are separating from the service, expert staff can provide information, education and referrals to help minimize stress and make your move a power move.
Your local Relocation Assistance Program can help you prepare for your PCS, make connections at your new duty station and more. Relocation assistance service providers offer information, resources and one-on-one support for:
- Moving costs
- Household goods shipments
- Housing options
- Child care options, both on and off installation
- Sponsorship and youth sponsorship
- Spouse employment and license transfer
- Newcomer orientations and pre-departure briefings
- Loan closet
- Cultural adaptation
- Community resources and more
Most relocation assistance services are offered through your installation Military and Family Support Center, your primary point of contact for programs and services that help service members and families navigate the unique challenges of military life. Services include:
- Relocation, deployment and transition assistance
- Personal and family life education
- Financial readiness
- Employment readiness (including spouse employment)
- Information and referral services and more
Programs and services vary by installation, so contact your local Military and Family Support Center for more information about relocation assistance.
Services for special moving situations
- Foreign-born spouses: Are you a newlywed or moving for the first time since tying the knot? The Relocation Assistance Program can help you and your spouse with resources and referrals about immigration and naturalization. Staff can also help you find English language programs, translation services and advice on how to get around the local area.
- Special needs: If you have a child or family member enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program, you know it’s important to find the right support at your new installation. Relocation assistance service providers can help you get connected with your EFMP Family Support provider to get the information you need – before you arrive.
- Your final military move: Most service members leaving the military, either at retirement or at the end of active service, can get a final move at government expense. You may also be able to get other benefits, such as storage of household goods, travel allowances and Per Diem – but benefits can vary by service branch. Learn more about how to make your final military move a success.
- Emergency financial aid: A move can sometimes put you in a tight financial spot. Relocation assistance service providers can connect you with your installation personal financial management services office. Learn more about military relief organizations and emergency financial help.
Scheduling your move
For support with household goods shipments, information about weight allowances, entitlements, and the Defense Personal Property System, visit the Military OneSource PCS and Military Moves page. You can also contact your local transportation office.
Military OneSource experts are available 24/7/365 to help you find the information and resources you need to master your PCS and live your best MilLife. Call 800-432-9647, use OCONUS calling options, or schedule a live chat.
The first person I spoke with [at Military OneSource] was exceptional. She not only connected me to counseling, but also assisted me with moving and exceptional family member resources.