Let us serve you. Transition Assistance Advisors can connect you to Veterans Affairs benefits, health care and more, walking you through the system to get you the services you deserve.
Have you just returned from deployment? Do you have a service-related injury or health care issue? Perhaps you’re about to retire from service and you’re looking for someone to show you how to get back into the swing of civilian life. Getting to know your local Transition Assistance Advisor means you’ll have reliable, professional support whenever you need it, whatever the circumstance.
Our Transition Assistance Advisors are in every state, territory and the District of Columbia to ensure you have a hand to help you receive the benefits you’ve earned as a result of your service in the military.
How Transition Assistance Advisors can help you
Transition Assistance Advisors work with other Joint Forces Headquarters staff members and Directors of State Family Programs to build a state network of support with Veterans Affairs and community organizations for service members and their families to access in their community.
Transition Assistance Advisors will:
- Help you cut through the red tape. We provide information and assistance to service members and their families to help them understand and access state and federal benefits as well as services through the Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Veterans Business Administration, Military Health System and the Department of Labor.
- Meet your post-deployment needs. We coordinate with VA, TRICARE, Veteran Service Organizations, and other federal, state and community resources to provide important information and help with obtaining services to meet your needs during the post-deployment period.
- See you through changes in your military service. We participate in the mobilization and demobilization process to brief and advise members and their families about available VA entitlements and available resources in their communities.
- Ensure your health and well-being are taken care of. We help coordinate activities for the Post-Deployment Health Reassessment event (a screening evaluation for any lingering physical and mental health conditions service members may experience at 3-6 months post-deployment).
- Strive to be your personal problem solver. We research and resolve issues associated with entitlements whenever you or your family members encounter problems.
- Get the right folks involved when you need their help. We advise the Joint Forces Headquarters and coordinate with Family Support Specialists, Employer Support Group to give you the access to entitlements available through Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Labor and other veterans’ entitlement and benefit programs.
Why we’re so good at what we do
With more than 90% of TAAs being prior-service military and military spouses, we understand how hard it can be to access services, benefits and entitlements. Many of us have worked through the complicated disability process and receive disability compensation, using our personal experiences as motivation to give you the support you deserve. We care about you and your family’s well-being, which is why we make it our business to build strong partnerships and coalitions with:
- Department of Defense TRICARE
- Veterans Affairs and State Directors of Veterans Affairs
- Veterans Services Organizations
- State Headquarters groups (Family Support, Chaplains Offices, Department of Labor, and Employer Support for the Guard and Reserve)
Here’s what some of our customers have said about us:
My father has been approved for 100% VA Disability Benefits. YOU told me it could happen. It was approved in 6 weeks. Incredible – this will help my Mom and Dad with their nursing home costs. Thank you for all your help. You have been an angel in this process. I am so happy for my Dad. You were so instrumental in making this happen. You told me asbestos was on the war ships and this is what qualified him for VA benefits. I would never have known if I didn’t talk to you about it. What a nice gift for him at 94 years old. He will be thrilled. May God bless you and continue to bless you for all the help you are to our veterans.
Daughter of a Veteran
I just wanted to commend one of your team members for the assistance she provided to one of our soldiers who was in distress… If it were not for her diligence and expertise, our soldier would not have received the timely care that he urgently needed. I would like to express our gratitude to her and her organization for these actions.
Battalion Officer in Charge