- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Unlock the Savings and Nutrition Inside Your Commissary5 minute read • Feb. 14, 2023
It’s mealtime again, and you have plenty of food choices available at affordable prices through the military commissaries.
The Defense Commissary Agency’s website puts shopping for your best health at your fingertips and provides you with the tools to whip up something that’s equal parts tasty, nutritious and convenient. So make a quick stop at the agency’s website to shop online or to get tips before your next grocery run.
Through the commissary website, you’ll:
- Learn about nutrition and how to improve your diet.
- Discover a wide assortment of dietitian-approved recipes you can whip up no matter what your lifestyle.
- Find great savings on all the groceries you buy.
It’s all about healthy living
Getting the proper nutrition is vital to good health. But it can be difficult to sort through the seemingly endless food choices available and determine which ones are good for you and your family and which ones to avoid or cut back on.
The commissary website sorts it all out for you, simplifying the process by sparing you the hassle of trying to read and decode the label on everything you buy. We offer about 3,200 consumer-packaged goods that are dietitian approved, and the list is growing.
Start by reviewing our Dietitian Approved Thumb section under the “Healthy Living” tab of the commissary website. DAT is a nutrition guide program that uses shelf tags to highlight products that are nutrient dense and high-performance foods, such as those consisting of:
- Fresh produce
- Lean meats and eggs
- Packaged items that have the green thumbs-up
You can also treat yourself to some of your favorite foods and use the thumbs to guide you. It’s like bringing a dietitian along with you to the grocery store.
Plan last-minute meals
Learning what foods to eat is one thing ─ finding the time to prepare them is another. But we will guide you with some easy-to-fix, home-cooked meals that are certified healthy. And we’ll help you get more from each meal you cook by offering tips on how to incorporate leftovers into your next feast.
Our Thinking Outside the Box recipes offer quick-and-easy meal solutions approved by more than 40 dietitians. The nutrition education provided with each meal is easy to understand and will help you reach your health and wellness goals.
Quick recipes and weekday meals
The commissary website will also provide you with a wide assortment of dietitian-approved recipes, including appetizers, a main course and desserts, as well as soups, salads, bread and side dishes. You’ll find dishes for the holidays and family meals, as well as kid-friendly favorites.
No matter what types of food you prefer, we have a healthy selection for you. Discover recipes for:
- Fruits and vegetables
Savings every time you shop the commissary
The commissary benefit offers you great savings. It can make a noticeable difference in your household budget and help stretch your food dollars. Commissaries play a pivotal role in serving our military community. They augment military readiness and helps to enhance your food budget. The commissary is more than a grocery store, they are part of the community. Save at least 25% on average, by shopping at your commissary instead of a civilian grocery store.*
Visit the Savings Center for featured items, exclusive savings, sales and more. Through the Savings Center, you can:
- View the sales flyer to extra savings on the products you buy each day.
- Learn about commissary private label brands.
- Learn about the Your Everyday Savings! (YES!) program.
- Get information about a rewards card, available at commissary stores worldwide.
- Get information about current sweepstakes, sales and events.
- Find deals near you via coupon links.
*This savings is after the commissary adds a congressionally mandated 5% surcharge at the checkout, which covers the costs of building new commissaries and modernizing existing ones.
Commissaries also offer other perks that you can take advantage of, including:
- Commissary CLICK2GO online ordering: The commissary has online ordering with curbside pickup at all locations. You can create an account on the Commissary CLICK2GO website.
- Commissary CLICK2GO delivery: Delivery is now available at select locations with an expansion of the program in the works. Find out if your favorite commissary offers delivery at Get Delivery.
- Commissary CLICK2GO mobile app: Download the app to your mobile device from Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store. The perks of the app include:
- Personalized searches
- Quick access to sales flyers
- Search and load coupons and save more
- Nutritious recipes and quick meal solutions
- Scan and identify product barcodes
- Locate commissary stores near you
- The commissary accepts the following food programs sponsored by the USDA:
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children, or WIC
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP
- DOD-WIC Overseas Program
For a complete list of services, visit the USDA Food and Nutrition Service website at https://www.fns.usda.gov/.
Learn even more about building a healthy eating pattern to meet your health and wellness needs, and read short articles with the latest nutrition findings authored by our credible Defense Department health and wellness partners under the “Healthy Habits” tab in the “Healthy Living” section of our website.