- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- National Guard
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
From high-intensity aerobic workouts to relaxing yoga, your installation’s fitness center has classes for everyone at every level. Classes are available for little or no cost to anyone who can access the gym through the Morale, Welfare and Recreation program. Use the classes as primary fitness tools or supplement your current routine. Bring the family and make fitness a fun habit. If you’re hesitant or unsure that group fitness is right for you, consider what you could get out of the classes:
- Team atmosphere — Participating in a group fitness class gets you in a room with similarly motivated people. In the classes, you may be able to help a classmate reach a fitness goal or learn a new skill, while challenging yourself to keep pace with a more advanced classmate. Often, the atmosphere is enthusiastic and supportive, which can help you take on new challenges and celebrate success. Plus, you benefit from the motivation of a dedicated instructor. And if you’re taking the class as a family, you’ve got a ready-made team.
- Accountability — Just the act of signing up for a class is often enough to create a sense of accountability, which will likely grow as you get to know your instructor and your classmates. When you find a class that fits your needs, you can hold your classmates accountable for missing classes, and they might do the same for you.
- New exercises — Trying a new group fitness class might be just what you’ve been looking for to break out of your everyday routine. If you’re searching for a completely new workout or simply a few fresh exercises, you can benefit from the installation fitness instructors who create challenging workouts to re-energize you. Try something new and you might discover a new favorite workout.
- Workout partner — If you’re just beginning your fitness journey, a workout partner can help you reach your goals. You may find others who are working toward similar lifestyle changes, such as increasing exercise, kicking unhealthy habits, losing weight or starting a healthier diet. You can motivate each other and offer support along the way. And if you are working out with your family, you can motivate one another before, during and after a class.
Check out the group fitness schedule for your installation’s fitness center and join a class today.