Museums across America are rolling out the red carpet for active-duty, National Guard and reserve service members and their families between Armed Forces Day and Labor Day. Simply flash your ID and enjoy free access through the Blue Star Museums initiative.
2021 Blue Star Museums
The 2021 Blue Star Museums program begins on Armed Forces Day, Saturday, May 15, 2021, and ends Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 6, 2021.
The program is a collaborative effort between the Department of Defense, the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families and participating museums. The Blue Star Museums initiative provides even more ways for you and your family to explore your community, spend time together and share adventures.
Be in the know
Here are some helpful things to know about the Blue Star Museums initiative:
- You’ll be in good company. More than 2 million military families have enjoyed Blue Star Museums since the program launched in 2010. Join their ranks, if you haven’t already.
- Your ID card is your ticket to the museums. Just show your common access card, or DD Form 1173 or 1173-1 identification card.
- Your admission is free, so there’s no need to limit yourself. Explore fine art, history, science, children’s museums, arboretums, historical parks, nature centers and more. Find participating museums near you or along your travel route.
- Your Information, Tickets and Travel office can add to your fun. As you map out your museum visits this summer, check with the office to find additional attractions in your area.
- You can enjoy a staycation in your new community. If you’re settling into a new duty station, take a break from unpacking and explore. Blue Star Museum visits will help you get to know the place and its people.
Make it a blockbuster summer. See how many Blue Star Museums you can explore. Be sure to take advantage of the other great opportunities your morale, welfare and recreation program offers.