- Military Life Cycle
- Family & Relationships
- Moving & Housing
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- Health & Wellness
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Service Providers & Leaders
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Museums across America are rolling out the red carpet for active-duty, National Guard and reserve service members and their families from Armed Forces Day (May 21, 2022) through Labor Day
(Sept. 5, 2022). Simply flash your ID and enjoy free access through the Blue Star Museums initiative.
Blue Star Museums
Museums across America are rolling out the red carpet to military families this summer.
The program is a collaborative effort between the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families and participating museums. The Blue Star Museums initiative provides even more ways for you and your family to explore your community, spend time together and share adventures.
Be in the know
Here are some helpful things to know about the Blue Star Museums initiative:
- You’ll be in good company. More than 2 million military families have enjoyed Blue Star Museums since the program launched in 2010. Join their ranks, if you haven’t already.
- Your ID card is your ticket to the museums. Just show your common access card, or
DD Form 1173 or 1173-1 identification card.
- Your admission is free, so there’s no need to limit yourself. Explore fine art, history, science, children’s museums, arboretums, historical parks, nature centers and more. Find participating museums near you or along your summer travel route.
- Your Information, Tickets and Travel office can add to your fun. As you map out your museum visits this summer, check with the office to find additional attractions in your area.
- You can enjoy a staycation in your new community. If you’re settling into a new duty station, take a break from unpacking and explore. Visits to Blue Star Museums will help you get to know your new community and its people.
Make it a blockbuster summer by seeing how many Blue Star Museums you can explore. And stay up to date on the Blue Star Museums program by checking out the NEA website. Also, be sure to take advantage of the other great opportunities your MWR program offers.