- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- National Guard
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Military benefits entitle service members and their families to stay at MWR recreational lodging around the world. From cottages at the beach to cabins in the mountains, there are plenty of affordable destinations for a great trip. With a little planning, a family vacation is in your sights at an affordable price.
Plan your destination
MWR recreational lodging is available at a wide variety of locations, across the U.S. and around the world. Explore your options — it’s a chance to travel somewhere new. Do your research when you decide to make sure the destination is available.
The following are examples of MWR recreational lodging available around the globe:
- On the East Coast, check out Shades of Green® in Orlando, Florida, near Disney World®, Fort Fisher Air Force Recreation Area in North Carolina, or one of the coastal cabins maintained by the Coast Guard.
- On the West Coast, look at Seward Resort in Alaska, Big Bear Recreation Facility in Southern California, or Kilauea Camp and Hale Koa Hotel in Hawaii.
- Travel to Europe and stay at the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort in Germany.
- In Japan, check out the New Sanno Hotel in Tokyo or the Okuma Joint Services Recreation Center. Also in Asia is the Dragon Hill Lodge in Seoul, South Korea.
Priority and rules for recreational travelers vary by service branch and lodging facility, so check ahead.
The following categories of people are eligible for MWR recreational lodging — this list is not all inclusive:
- Active-duty service members
- Military family members
- Military retirees
- National Guard and reserve members
- Defense Department civilians
- Disabled veterans
- Purple Heart recipients
Military lodging tips
Especially during peak travel seasons, MWR recreational lodging can fill up fast, so make your reservations early. Confirm your eligibility with the destination.
Check out all of your exciting options.
Use your MWR and installation resources to plan your getaway. Reach out to Military OneSource at any time for more destination ideas and ways to save on your travels. Call 800-342-9647. OCONUS/International? View calling options.