- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Building a Support SystemEpisode By:36 MinutesDec. 6, 2021
Starting out in military life, particularly if your family has a member with special needs, can be overwhelming. You may have moved to a new location and want to connect with others but have no idea where to begin. What can you do to meet people, build a community and start thriving? Get tips on how to break into this wonderful, wacky world called MilLife. Learn how to get started when you’re new to the military, how to tackle and overcome common challenges, how to find and use available resources and how to make wonderful connections that can last a lifetime.
This episode is part of the Office of Special Needs EFMP Podcast.
- EFMP & Me — Checklists such as: Advocating on Behalf of Your Child, Building a Support System, Organizing for Success, Getting Assistance, and What Is EFMP and How Can It Help?
- EFMP Family Support
- Military Family Readiness System
- Parenting and Children: Resources
- Building Healthy Relationships
- Love Every Day
- Re the We
- MilLife Learning
Experts share information for military families with special needs members.
Related PodcastsTake Control: Stress Solutions on the Go3 MinutesOct. 12, 2016“I don’t want to adult today.” If you’ve ever felt like that you’re not alone. If you could find a way to boost your mood while on the go with your busy life, would you jump at the chance? Jump right in! Military OneSource offers two …Service Member, Spouse
Still Need Help? Connect with an expert 24/7/365
We get MilLife and we’re here 24/7 to connect you to the right kind of expert guidance — from quick answers about specific issues, to personalized coaching, to confidential counseling.