- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Liaison Connects Families with TRICARE Services2 minute read • Sept. 17, 2021
To help families with special needs get the most benefit from their health care coverage, the Department of Defense Office of Special Needs includes a TRICARE liaison on its team. The liaison helps families navigate TRICARE to find the information and services they need.
Review ACD program changes
Discover how the comprehensive policy changes to the Autism Care Demonstration can benefit your family member with autism spectrum disorder.
The TRICARE liaison can help with issues such as enrollment, benefits, claims, debt collection, provision of services at military treatment facilities, as well as finding civilian medical and dental resources. This service is free to military members and their families anywhere in the world, whether they are enrolled in TRICARE East, TRICARE West, TRICARE for Life, TRICARE Prime or TRICARE Select.
The TRICARE liaison can be contacted by appointment only. You can request an appointment through your installation EFMP Family Support staff or Military OneSource special needs consultants. Either way, the EFMP Family Support or specialty consultation staff will work with you to get your questions answered as quickly as possible. If help is needed beyond their ability to assist, you will be offered a three-way call connecting you to the TRICARE liaison, who can:
- Provide inside information and resources beyond what EFMP staff or a consultant may have.
- Explain different policies and options to help families make informed choices.
- Help families navigate TRICARE: who to speak to, what to do and where to start.
- Assist with the appeals process for denied claims.
The TRICARE liaison has extensive experience with TRICARE and disabilities care issues and, if needed, can provide direct assistance to your situation.