- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Take Command of Your Well-Being With a Health and Wellness Coach3 minute read • April 28, 2021
Losing weight, managing stress, tackling transitions — if you’re ready to make some life changes, free consultations with Military OneSource health and wellness coaches can help you set goals and create a plan to reach them.
You can be more successful in reaching your maximum potential when you have a coach cheering you on. Military OneSource health and wellness coaches stand ready to be your personal cheerleader.
How can a health and wellness coach help me improve my life?
Having a health coach in your corner helps you make a plan, focus on results and reach your goals. The top five ways a wellness coach can improve your life are by helping to:
- Clarify your focus (identify your beliefs, values and vision, and goals)
- Set you up for success (create an action plan to achieve your goals)
- Prepare you for the unexpected (eliminate roadblocks or barriers that stand in the way)
- Keep you on course (hold you accountable for your goals)
- Celebrate your achievements (acknowledge your hard work when you reach your goal)
What topics and goals do health and wellness coaches support?
Health and wellness coaches provide information, support, encouragement and accountability on specific topics including:
- Weight management
- Health condition management
- Stress management
- Life transitions
Contact Military OneSource 24/7.
You can get personalized help 365 days a year by telephone and online.
Overseas? See OCONUS calling options.
Prefer to live chat? Start now.
How can a coach help with life transitions?
Having a plan can sometimes make major adjustments and life changes easier. A Military OneSource health and wellness coach can help you make a plan before or during those life transitions when you’re adapting to changes such as deployment, moving, becoming a new parent or retirement.
Who’s eligible for health and wellness coaching?
The Military OneSource Health and Wellness Coaching Program is a free resource for eligible service members (regardless of activation status) and certain others including:
- Active duty
- National Guard
- Reserve members
- Immediate family members and survivors of active-duty, National Guard and reserve members
How do I get started with a health coach?
Call 800-342-9647 to sign up for health and wellness coaching sessions. You can choose from three Health and Wellness Coaching Program session options:
- Secure, real-time online chat
- Secure, real-time video session
Are there self-directed wellness programs available?
If you prefer to work without a coach, visit the United States Department of Agriculture MyPlate Plan to try a self-directed online program that tracks things like nutrition and exercise.
You’re one call away from starting to live a healthier life. Call today for the information, support, encouragement and accountability a Military OneSource health and wellness coach can give you.