- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- National Guard
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
While you can access certified career counselors through Military OneSource by calling 800-342-9647, you can also access face-to-care employment readiness specialists at most installations. They can help you with a wide range of employment-related areas through workshops, classes, small group instruction and one-on-one support. Employment readiness specialists provide many services at no charge, including assistance with:
- Career exploration. You’ve got skills, but what can you do with them? Employment readiness specialists can help you understand how your skills, interests and goals align with career possibilities through career assessments, skill assessments, skill-building classes, and career counseling and coaching.
- Education, training and licensing. Now you know where you want to be, but how do you get there? Employment readiness specialists can help you figure out what academic, licensing or credentialing requirements are needed for your dream job and help you find financial aid to go after them.
- Employment readiness. You’ve got all the skills needed for the job, but how do you find it and get it? Employment readiness specialists can help improve your self-marketing skills through job strategies and support, job searches and social media etiquette, finding jobs with the federal government, resume writing, dressing for success and interview skills.
- Career connections. Where do you find all those employers who want employees just like you? Employment readiness specialists can help you identify career connections that promote the hiring of military spouses. These include the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, local and installation job fairs, online career networks, community partnerships and federal appointment authorities.
- Referrals to other services. Are you job-search ready and busy juggling everything else that your search keeps taking a backseat? Employment readiness specialists can also provide you with referrals to other services supporting well-being, such as health and fitness, family life education and personal financial management services.
Locating an employment readiness specialist
Each service has its own employment readiness program, and while the names may vary from one service to the next, they all share the common goal of assisting military spouses in finding meaningful employment. The names of the program for each branch of service are:
- Army – Employment Readiness Program
- Marine Corps – Family Member Employment Assistance Program
- Navy – Family Employment Readiness Program
- Air Force – Employment Assistance Program
As a military spouse, you are welcome to visit any employment readiness office or Military and Family Support Center.
Your installation employment readiness specialist can provide you the tools, resources and personalized services you need for a successful job search. Let them help you find your next job or start your new career today.