- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- National Guard
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Advancing in the Military – The Essentials
If you’re planning to stay in the military for several years or even become a lifer, you’ll need to know about military jobs and what you can do and where you can go.
Learn at Your Own Pace
MilLife Learning offers free, personal and professional development courses for service members, their families, survivors and those who support them.
Here are some things to consider for your future military career. And, if you’ve got any questions, Military OneSource can find you the answers to advance your career and live your best military life.
Explore military jobs.
Enlisted service members have a variety of careers to enter, including those involving mechanical, transportation, journalism, medical, legal, personnel and office skills. Officers are typically managers who also serve in a variety of areas, including law and medicine.
[Military OneSource is] very helpful and resourceful. You guys can do anything from A to Z. I really appreciate how you hit the mark.
Some military jobs are specific to the Defense Department, such as a fighter pilot or infantryman. There are also tons of military occupations that exist in the civilian workplace, like nursing and law.
- Careers and Jobs in the Army
- Being a Marine: Marine MOS Options
- Explore Navy Careers
- U.S. Air Force – Careers
Check out steps for success in your military career.
Whether you’re an enlisted service member or an officer, you can start advancing your military career as early as boot camp and officer candidate school.
- The Military’s Elite Forces: How to Become an Army Ranger, Navy SEAL or Air Force Fighter Pilot
- The Army’s Elite Forces: What to Expect If You Join Army Special Operations Rangers, Green Berets or the SOAR Night Stalkers
- The Marine and Navy Special Forces: What to Expect If You Join Marine Force RECON, Marine Raiders or the Navy SEALs
- Air Force Special Forces: Applying to Become a Combat Controller, Pararescueman, or Special Operations Weatherman
Learn about re-enlisting and rising through the ranks.
Understand the re-enlistment process, the bonuses that come with re-enlistment, key military career decision points and ways to advance in your career.
Relevant Articles:Tags: jobs