- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
How the Military and Family Life Counseling Program and Military OneSource Can Help Strengthen Your Relationship2 minute read • Dec. 7, 2020
Military life events like deployments and permanent change of station moves can strain a relationship. But smaller issues left unaddressed can add up to big problems, too. As one Military and Family Life Counselor put it, a relationship is like a car. Both need regular maintenance to run smoothly.
Couples counseling can help you and your partner stay steady through life’s challenges, big and small. In the videos below, three MFLCs provide a snapshot of relationship counseling.
Non-medical relationship counseling
The Military and Family Life Counseling Program and Military OneSource offer free and confidential couples counseling worldwide. MFLC and Military OneSource counselors are licensed, professionally trained and understand military life and the challenges that couples face. At many installations, MFLCs meet with couples in comfortable settings. Sessions are available by video as well. And all sessions are confidential except in suspected family maltreatment, harm to self or others and illegal activity.
More relationship resources
For more insights into how couples counseling can strengthen your relationship, check out these Facebook Live events.
- Revealing Common Relationship Challenges
- Relationship Counseling: When to Reach Out, How to Get Ready
- Relationship Counseling: Is It What You Think It Is?
Find even more resources for relationship support on the Re the We webpage on Military OneSource.
Connect with an MFLC or Military OneSource relationship counselor
Reach out to your installation’s Military and Family Support Center to get started with a Military and Family Life counselor. Military OneSource also offers free, confidential non-medical counseling for couples, as well as other options, such as Building Healthy Relationships specialty consultations. Call 800-342-9647 to connect with a Military OneSource consultant or to learn more. OCONUS? View international calling options.