- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- National Guard
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Many couples have times when their relationship could use some help. But not every couple needs the same kind of help, or in the same way. OurRelationship is a flexible, online, evidence-based tool that gives military couples the choice to work on their own or with a coach to strengthen their relationship. It is tailored to the military community and free for active-duty, Guard and reserve couples.
How OurRelationship works
OurRelationship consists of online activities to solve relationship problems. Couples can choose which issues to focus on, including these common ones:
- Communication and conflict
- Emotional distance and love
Couples can complete the online activities together or separately, making it ideal for those separated because of deployment or other reasons.
Couples who choose the OurRelationships coaching option are more likely to complete the program and get more out of it. Their online activities are reinforced with phone or video calls with a coach. This option:
- Includes five weekly 20-minute calls with a coach who helps you tailor the online program and activities to meet your needs.
- Can be completed on your schedule, days, evenings or weekends.
- Allows participants to select their coach. They can learn about the coaches by browsing the OurRelationships website. Some coaches have a military background.
Couples who choose the self-guided option complete the online activities without outside support. The self-guided option:
- Is good for highly-motivated couples.
- Encourages structured conversations and includes tasks to complete outside of the reading material and video content.
- Includes feedback tailored to the couple’s responses.
Both the self-guided and coaching options take four to six weeks to complete.
Who can benefit from OurRelationship
OurRelationship is one of the several relationship resources Military OneSource offers for free. The OurRelationship program is most helpful for couples who:
Sign Up For OurRelationship
Strengthen your relationship with this free, flexible, online program for military couples.
- Are highly motivated and want to improve their relationship on their own.
- Have only a few areas in their relationship they would like to improve.
- Want to give their relationship a boost in a shorter timeframe.
- Want a little additional support without the full commitment of a therapist or don’t want another person involved in helping them strengthen their relationship.
- Need the flexibility of completing the program either separate from each other or outside of standard business hours.
The program requires a lot of reading, so is not recommended for those with difficulty in that area. It also requires access to technology, including internet.
More relationship support from Military OneSource
Service members and military couples have access to a range of relationship support resources designed to meet different needs. Learn about the many ways Military OneSource and the service branches support couples on the Re The We webpage. You’ll find resources, such as:
- Non-medical counseling from your installation’s Military and Family Life Counseling Program or Military OneSource. Non-medical counseling is available in person, via online chat, by phone or video.
- The Building Healthy Relationships specialty consultation. This consultation offers personalized, education-based coaching by phone or video. Choose among tracks customized to your needs, including Strengthening the Couple Connection, Communication Refreshers, Staying Connected While Away, Reconnecting After Deployment and more.
- Love Every Day. This digital resilience tool encourages connection in a fun and meaningful way.
Not sure what kind of support you need? Contact Military OneSource for help determining the best type of relationship support for your MilLife. Call 800-342-9647 or start a live chat. OCONUS? Find international calling options. Take the first step toward a better relationship with your partner by starting the OurRelationship program with a coach, or by beginning the self-guided modules at your own pace.