- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Career Coaching for Military Spouses3 minute read • July 15, 2020
Being a military spouse has great rewards – and a few challenges. Frequent moves are a good example of both. It’s exciting to experience other parts of the country and the world. But it can be hard to sustain a career when you have to pack up and leave every few years.
If your service member’s spouse is struggling to find a job, they may be eligible for free career coaching and other resources to help build a career that will follow them wherever they go.
The Spouse Education and Career Opportunities Program
The Spouse Education and Career Opportunities program, provided by the Department of Defense, offers career coaching and a wealth of tools and resources to prepare for, and find, a great job. Encourage the military spouse in your life to check out the resources and tools on the MySECO website, including:
- A resume builder
- Scholarship finder
- A free year-long upgrade to LinkedIn Premium
- Job listings from Military Spouse Employment Partnership employers who are committed to hiring military spouses
SECO also offers a number of personal services, such as on-demand resume and cover letter review, a job search resource that provides spouses with customized job leads with MSEP partners, and more.
Career coaching tailored to military spouses
Both new and seasoned military spouses might feel alone in their efforts to establish a career. A number of our SECO career coaches are veterans or military family members themselves and have personal experience with finding ways to overcome those hurdles. They can help military spouses identify education and career goals and tap into resources to meet them. A SECO career coach can also help military spouses:
- Find education or training programs that fit their mobile life
- Research ways to pay for education and training
- Maximize their search for jobs
- Build networks and self-market
- Conduct video mock interviews
- Pursue entrepreneurship
Career coaching packages for all situations
SECO career coaches offer specialty consultations for military spouses who are interested in a specific career path. Industry-specific coaching packages include:
- Intelligence and cybersecurity
- Science, technology, engineering and math
- Health care
- K-12 education
- Federal employment
- Information technology
SECO also provides career transition coaching packages to help military spouses navigate life changes. Career transition coaching package topics include:
- New spouse
- Career readiness
- Career pathways
- Re-entering the workforce
- Permanent change of station
- Working remotely
The military spouse you care about can take advantage of the free resources to strengthen their skills and meet their goals. Connecting with a SECO career coach can open the door to a meaningful and enriching career for the military spouse in your life.
Military spouses can contact a SECO career coach at 800-342-9647 or through the Live Chat feature in the header of the MySECO website.
MilTax eligibility verification services may be unavailable due to DEERS maintenance beginning on March 2 at 6 p.m. PT until 6 a.m. PT March 3.Learn more about MilTax