- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Being a military family can be an adventure. But PCS moves and other realities of military life can sometimes lead to feelings of loneliness. Military OneSource and Sesame Street for Military Families can help you and your young children navigate these and other challenges of military life. Learn ways to build community and strengthen family bonds.
Strengthening family bonds
Strong family connections help make children feel secure throughout the ups and downs of military life. Create consistent routines, have fun together as a family and reach out for support when you need it.
Create routines for your little ones.
Military life is full of change and uncertainty. Creating consistent routines can help your children feel grounded and secure.
Have fun as a family.
While being a parent is all-consuming, it’s often the little things that make the biggest difference. The Sesame Street Better Together video shows you and your kids how anytime can be together time.
Sign up for a Building Healthy Relationships specialty consultation.
Military OneSource offers free Building Healthy Relationships coaching sessions, including the Healthy Parent-Child Connections track. You’ll come away with practical tools, resources and problem-solving techniques.
Building community as a military family
With frequent moves and other challenges of military life, finding your community can take extra effort, but it’s worth the time you put into it. Even National Guard and reserve families who live in the civilian community may feel isolated without other military families nearby.
Below are some resources, benefits and information that can help you build your support system, wherever you are. If you just need to talk to someone, Military OneSource is available to call or chat 24/7/365.
RESOURCES FOR BUILDING COMMUNITY
- Sesame Street for Military Families: Family and Community Bonds
- The Military Parenting Community: Enhancing Resilience One Family at a Time
- Connecting to the Community
- Military OneSource Peer-to-Peer Support: Talk to Someone Who Gets It
- Sesame Street for Military Families Helps Children Through Life’s Milestones
- Ways to Secure More Parenting Wins
- Learning & Growing Together
BENEFITS & MILITARY ONESOURCE SERVICES TO BUILD COMMUNITY
- New Parent Support Program
- Military and Family Life Counseling Program
- Morale, Welfare and Recreation Programs
- DOD MWR Summer Reading Program
- Military Sponsorship
- Find Your Installation Military and Family Support Center
- Building Healthy Relationships Specialty Consultation
- Military Child Care Programs
- Peer-to-Peer Counseling
- Caregiver Support Services
Related MilLife Guides