- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Youth Services for National Guard Families2 minute read • April 16, 2020
The Child and Youth Services is an integral component of the National Guard’s comprehensive approach to family readiness. By upholding the well-being of the entire family, the CYS offers outcome-based activities designed to foster positive youth development and support the unique strengths and challenges of National Guard children. This high-quality, out-of-school program exists in 54 states, territories and the District of Columbia to mitigate risky behaviors, enhance resilience, develop positive coping strategies, and assist our National Guard youth in reaching their full potential as the next generation of leaders.
Age-appropriate activities and support services are offered in four service delivery areas:
- Art, Recreation and Leisure
- Sports, Fitness and Health
- Life Skills, Citizenship, Character Development and Leadership
- Academic Support, Career Development, Mentoring and Intervention
Learn about opportunities and support Family Programs provides for National Guard kids of all ages.
To promote and sustain the quality of life and resilience of NG children and youth by providing secure, timely, flexible, high-quality support services and enrichment programs.
The CYS is available to school-age dependents, ages 6 to 18 years, of National Guard soldiers and airmen – regardless of deployment status, including traditional drilling Guardsmen – survivors, and active component soldiers and airmen geographically separated from installation-based program support.
While child care type services for dependents, ages 0-12, are not offered within the core program, resources for assistance are available through Child Care Aware of America at 800-424-2246 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact Child Care Aware of America for child care fee assistance and verification of eligibility.
Core program elements
- Guard Teen Panel
- National Youth Symposium
- State Teen Panel
- State Youth Symposium
- Youth Development Programming
- State Opportunities and Military Youth Adventure Camps
- Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program Support
For more information on the National Guard CYS, please contact the Program Manager at 703-607-3012.
Download the ARNG CYS APP from the Apple Store or Google Play or visit the Army National Guard Child and Youth Services website for additional information on upcoming events, activities and resources.