- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- National Guard
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Sometimes the best way to move forward is to pause for a moment to refresh and recharge. Chill Drills by Military OneSource allows you to do that by lowering your stress level wherever you are, whenever you need. Download this free app and get started — no need for internet access.
Chill Drills is a collection of simple audio mindfulness exercises to relax the body and mind. The Defense Department developed these relaxation exercises for the military community and they are free to service members and their families via the mobile app or the Military OneSource website.
Download the Chill Drills app by Military OneSource:
About Chill Drills by Military OneSource
Chill Drills by Military OneSource is presented by Heidi J. Bauer, MSW, LCSW, a therapist who works with service members and their families. She developed these guided drills to help create calm by slowing the heart rate, lowering blood pressure and reducing the level of stress hormone in the body.
While each drill was designed to help calm your mind and relax your body, some target common challenges, including back pain, negative thoughts and sleeplessness. Practice your favorite drills regularly to lower your baseline stress level and be better prepared to deal with pressure in the future. The six Chill Drills segments are:
- Overview. A brief overview of Chill Drills to help you get ready to relax.
- Chill Drills 1 – Tuning In. A progressive muscle relaxation exercise to reverse the symptoms of stress.
- Chill Drills 2 – Releasing Stress. A calming drill to rid your mind of negative thoughts by focusing on different parts of your body.
- Chill Drills 3 – Easing Back Pain. A drill to help you become pain-free by targeting and releasing tension in your neck, shoulders and back.
- Chill Drills 4 – Getting to Sleep. A relaxation exercise to listen to in bed to help you fall asleep and improve the quality of your rest.
- Chill Drills 5 – Music to Chill By. A calming soundtrack to help you fall asleep.
Where To Find Chill Drills by Military OneSource
Chill Drills by Military OneSource is available on Google Play and the App Store. Install the app on your mobile device where one touch can take you to expert stress-relieving techniques, anytime, no internet access needed. You can also listen to Chill Drills on the Military OneSource website.
The Chill Drills app is available through Military OneSource, a Defense Department-funded program that connects the military community to the resources they need to be well, mission-ready and thrive in MilLife, from relocation planning and tax services to confidential, non-medical counseling and spouse employment. Service members and the families of active duty, National Guard and reserve (regardless of activation status), Coast Guard members when activated for the Navy, DOD expeditionary civilians, and survivors are eligible for Military OneSource services, which are available worldwide 24 hours a day, seven days a week, free to the user.
Download the Chill Drills by Military OneSource app: